Monday, November 28, 2005


"words of wisdom'?????????


latlely I've been thinking a lot about marriage , I'm not sure why . Maybe because I'm helping Becky with wedding plans and I just read Steph's blog about her wedding proposal. Wow, guys are way more romantic then they used to be! Both Becky and stephs were amazing! so I was thinking about what words of advice I have for becca and this is what I came up with-

" Marriage is both a gift and a task to be accomplished."Otto Piper
Iwonder who taught us that our main goal is happiness? and that the best sourse of happiness is another human being? We can't expect another person to meet all our needs ,to fullfill all our dreams, because true lasting happiness isn't found in another person, or in marriage its in God. Marriage in the bible is compared to Gods relationship to the church- His bride. Husbands are to treat us as Christ treats the church- willing to give his life for us - and we as woman are to love honor and obey as Christs representative on earth. even when we don't feel like it or we think they don't deserve it (do we?) We need to keep our focus on God not on our spouses ,or on thier inadequacies ,or what we thought marrige was going to be like., trust in God ,trust" him" to God . God is working on him just as He is on you.Love is a decision not a feeling, trust, and God will reward you . Guard your tongue ,it is our most powerful weapon and can be very destructive. Focus instead on his strengths not his weaknesses. Realize the power your love and approval has on your man. Let go of how you think things should be and let God give you joy in how things are, and welcome the real wonders He has in store for you both. Stop looking for fullfillment in our husbands and serve your Lord and the rewards are amazing Just love him with all your heart and it will return to you ten fold !!!!Let God make you complet and you just enjoy loving your man!
God has granted me a very happy marrige but it hasn't always been easy. I'm just truly grateful for all that God has given me, a God fearing man. What more can we ask for? because He will take care of the rest. So you two ,I pray that you both have a very happy Marriage Routed firmly in our Father love.

4 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

aww thank you momma!!! I love you so much. I'm sure i'll be asking your advice many more times in the future.
Becca

9:08 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

mrs.Vriend, I love hearing words of wisdom from people who have walked the path of marriage before me. We will never know it all but it is so valuable to always have our hearts open to what others have to share! thank you..

5:28 PM

 
Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Your's and dad's relationship has always been an incredible example to me throughout the years. I love you guys.

8:32 AM

 
Blogger April said...

An example to me too. Although the actual "time" that I've spent in your home was relatively short. Even then I witnessed your love for each other & for your children.

Thanks.

8:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home