
I had the best thanksgiving ever! my daughter trusted me with her 2 little ones for the weekend. Dustin and Chris were m.c.'s for thier good friends Steve and Jens wedding in calgary ,so Harold and I drove up there and picked them up. It was awsome! What a great way to get to know your grand kids . I highly recomend it. I discovered that Ben is very unsure in new situations and then he just hangs his head and puts on this little pouty face and everything is no. But with a smile and a little bit of encouragement his trusting nature comes through and he's ready to try anything. I discovered that he really feels responsible for Meagan and that even though he teases her, he really does cares for her . He likes to boss her a bit but she will have none of it! I discovered that Meagan gets up every morning with a smile and a real "bring it on" attitude, like ok! what are we going to do today! She needs constant stimulation and the worst thing for her is to be bored.But oh what fun watching her discover her world !They are both highly intelligent and sweet and sooooo much fun . But I gotta tell you there's a reason parenting is for the young I was absolutly exhausted .And now it makes me wish even more that my grandkids lived closer. It takes a huge effort on everyones part to remain close and I am so very grateful that my kids feel it's worth the time effort and many many miles to keep our relationship close and that they too feel it's important for us to know our grandkids. Thanks so much guys,you have no idea how much that means to both of us.(its so great to see Harold interact with the kids ,they just love and really react to his quiet gentle nature)anyway can't wait to see them again and now I really need to see Josh and Cadence. I really need to get to know Cady too, she's growing way to fast and she does'nt know nana yet . so thanks guys ,we need to make plans for Cristmas eh?GOd bless,Nelly/Mom/ Grandma

2 Comments:
I'm so glad you were able to have such a great time with them mom. You know how much I wish for you and dad to have a close relationship with our kids. It helped out alot to have you take them for the weekend. It was fun to be able to do adult things without worrying about them. I sure missed them though.
8:55 PM
CADIE. Sorry, Dan and I had a huge long argument about that one. You are an amazing Grandma and I hope that we can come and see you soon! Love yah lots - Amanda
9:23 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home