
WHO AM I-#3
I am who I've always wanted to be and thats a mother/grandmother. As long as I can remember I've always wanted to be a Mom. My earliest memories are of playing house. I don't know if having a lot of brothers and sisters had anything to do with it but thats it , A mom. I became a nurse because I wanted do something worth while until I could become a mom. While I really did enjoy working as a nurse for a time ,it was'nt until I became a mom that I had the sense that I was where God intended me to be. I'm not sure if I was/am a good mom but it's always has been my greatest sense of joy and accomplishment. I am mother to 4 of the best ,most beautiful children in the world and I thank God for them every day. I brag about them all the time . It drives everyone nuts (,just ask my co-workers). My first born is Daniel. He is a typical oldest child, a bossy overachiever, but so full of love and caring we would'nt have him any other way.. We waited a long time to have him ,since I had trouble getting preganant . The day we found out we were expecting him was amazing ! we were overjoyed. But he made his entrance 2 mo early which was scary but everything was ok. Dan is married to Amanda and they have 2 children Joshua 2, and Cadence 4mo. Dan began his working career as a computer programer but quit to become an E.M.T. I admire his trust in God to take care of everything while he persued what he knew God wanted of him . But maybe more than that I admire Amanda for supporting him in all his dreams ,no matter the cost . Amanda you are awonderful person and I thank you for loving my son so well. You truly are Gods greatest gift to him and to our family. I love you as one of my own. you also are a very good mother and I love that. Joshua is so smart and so funny . I was unprepared for the feelings I would have for my grand kids. Its totally amazing . Dan we all are so proud of you. never stray far from the Father and He will continue to bless you. love you !
Christy was our next one , born just barely a year later. What a joy she was/is. Strong willed but gentle and loving , very stubborn but also very patient, our Christy.She was such a Daddys girl it was rediculous. I was nothing , Daddy was everything! She would ignore me all day just to shower her Dad with love and attention when he came home . He just loved it !!! she became his special girl and she could do no wrong, she had him totally wrapped around her finger. He feels the same way about little meagan today He literally tears up when he sees her. Chris left home to attend Capernwray where she met the love of her life in her second year. We were very impressed with Dustin Heigh from the very start and our opinion has not changed at all. We love you dusty and thank for loving our God first and loving our daughter with all your heart. Thank you for your struggle to be the best husband and father you can be. Know that you are loved.
Christy and Dustin have 2 kids, Benjamin Calab and Meagan Danielle. Ben is 3 and meaggy is 18 mo. I must say that as much as love my kids I'm just sooooo in love with my grandkids and it never ceases to amaze me how intense the feelings are. I am so mad at you guys for taking my grand kids so far away. I really wanted to be a hands on grandma . oh well. Chris and I have always been blessed with a special relationship and I'm grateful that it continues today . Chris I really admire you as a person and I'm thankful to be your Mom.
Darren is our next son and we were so blessed with this little boy . Quiet and so sweet and terribly shy was our Darebear. He has the most gentle spirit that he hides under a gruff exterior Because he was so shy and so sweet he had a hard time growing up , unfortunatly these gentlle souls are often picked on. Darren don't let life make you hard but let your true light shine through. We all love you so much.
The baby of the family is our Rececca nicole. The sweetest person you will ever meet . She was everybodies darling. She was totally spoiled and doted on by the whole family,until she started school . Then her sister and brothers decided she was'nt so cute any more and that she should grow up ! It was a rude awakening for our poor little girl. anyway grow up eventually she did . Becca I am so impressed with the young woman you have become. She is engaged to be married on June 10 .06. You, my girl are going to be one gorgeous bride. Travis Fletcher is everything we would have for you . His love for God is evident ,His trust in Him obvious, so we know you guys will be alright . I know this year with Travis in Fort Mcmurray will be hard but make good use of your time away from each other to stengthen your relationship with each other and to strenthen your relationship with your God .We love you both so much. Thanks Trav for teaching our girl to trust again. You're the best!
So, thats my family . My" job"as mom to you guys has been the best . We know it was'nt always easy and I know I made mistakes (and I apologise for them) but in spite of everything I have never regretted one single day as your Mom. Thankyou all so much for still allowing me to have such a big part in your lives, it means so much to me . LOVE ALWAYS AND FOREVER YOUR MOM

1 Comments:
Awww, we love you too mom!! Thanks for that. And you know, you are/we're an amazing mom. What you lacked in patience you more than made up for in love. And you make and even more wonderful Gramma. I dream that maybe someday we'll live in the same city.
2:38 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home