Sunday, August 27, 2006

so he buys a Horse!

So he buys himself a horse! A few months ago Harold came home and said, I'm gonna buy a horse". Now anyone who know Harold, knows you can only believe about half of what he says, and the other half , he's kidding, so I just said ",Ya, whatever" He said it a few more times, but I never thought he was serious. Then He actually bought a Horse! His name is Pocko,and He's a quarter horse(whatever that means?) and he's black and white with a little bit of brown . Now, Harold grew up a city boy but he's a country boy at heart. He loves the 4 H's. Which is Hunting , Hiking, Horseback riding, and Hockey. I, on the other hand only love one H, and that is Harold. (One wonders how we ever got together)So he says to me the other day , "Hey Nel, wonna go Horeseback riding? Sure, I say ,"Who's going and where?"Just a few of us and just In the Gap by Pincher Creek" he replies. You know, you would'nt believe we've been married for 30 years and that I supposedly "know" him, But I didn't press for details and away we went, yesterday morning. we left at 7:30 and arrive, all ten of us at about 9:30. All the other riders are experienced riders, I, am the only novice. These hoses are not your typical trail horses but well trained animals used to experienced riders, where every fkick of the wrist , every press of the knee is supposed to mean something! Who knew!And when we first start out they are so excited to be out in the mountains, that they are prancing and dancing all over the place. Don't worry they say , "They'll settle down in a few hours. A few HOURS!? What! the trip is longer then that!? Turns out we were on horseback for 9 HOURS! Yes, I said 9 HOURS !!!!! now know I have more muscles(bones) in my bottom, then I ever dreamed possible, I am having trouble sitting, walking, lying down or for that matter even standing up! We actually went up into the mountains ,went up and down cliffs ,forged raging rivers(ok streams, well maybe creeks) I was awstruck by the scenery, terrified by some of the steep hills, (up, and down,) and completly exhausted and in a lot of pain, by the time we got back to the truck, but I loved it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Manda said...

Your blog is the first thing that has made me smile all day today. Thanks! I think that's awesome you went. When are you getting a horse? I hope you feel better soon. Cowboys really do make it look easy don't they. Love yah.

8:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home