Tuesday, June 20, 2006

songs


I am always amazed at how songs can pull from us, that which we could not say on our own. The power that they have to say the things we want to say but do not have the words. I want to praise the Father, but my words seem inadequate. And so I listen and praise with those who have been given the gift of song. Today I was listening to " a tribute to Rich Mullins ", a song called "if I stand" byDan Haseltine, and I was struck again at how this world pulls at us and competes for our allegiance and we think this world is where its at, when we owe it all to the Father. We forget that this world is a test and prep for the kingdom to come. Why is it so hard to keep our focus on Him , why is it so easy to believe the lies of the evil one and this world and so hard to keep our eyes on the kingdom instead of the narrow focus of this world?

there's more that rises in the morning than the sun, more that shines in the night than just the moon. There's more than just this fire that keeps me warm in a shelter that is larger than this room. There's a loyalty that's deeper than mere sentiment, a music higher than the songs I can sing. The stuff of earth competes for the allegiance I owe only to the giver of all good things. So if I stand, let me stand on the promise that you will pull me through , and if I can't let me fall on the grace that first brought me to you, If I sing let me sing for the joy that has born in me these songs. But if I weep let me weep as a man who longs for HOME. There's more that dances on the prarie than the wind, more that pulses in the ocean than the tide. There's a love that is fiercer than the love between friends ,more gently than a mother's when her baby's at her side. so if I stand....
see what I mean ? Praise be

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home