Monday, April 03, 2006

so, am I really done? and what does this mean for my life now? I do know this, I could not have continued the way it was . The situation was intolerable. It is very difficult to work for someone who is very unhappy, and who takes his frustrations out on others. That is not to say that there were not really good times too,but with the added stress of the clinic going paperless,the Dr. I worked for and all the other Dr.s were really stressed and taking it out on the staff. I guess I began to realize that we-I, was not really apprciated as much as I thought we were. I really believed we had something very special in our work relationships and that this was recognized by the Dr.s . I guess I was wrong . I think they really blew it and they won't realize it until it's too late. I worked for this co. for almost exactly 15 years. I started in Feb 1991 and my last day was mar 24 2006. From the very beginning I knew I had stumbled on something very special. All the girls got along very well and seemed to genuinly cared for each other. If any of you have worked with a group of women, you know how special that is. What was also special was how we all got on well with the Dr's too. They really seemed to know that our work relationships wer based on mutual respect and admiration. Over the years, many of us became good friends as well as collegues,and this was very special to me. Some of the girls became my support system through some very difficult years,and now I feel like I have abandoned them. I pray our friendships will continue in spite of us not seeing each other at work. I know it will take effort on both our parts. I will miss them grealty. So thats my biggest regret. I'm also worried that I'll get bored . I've worked for so long ,I'm not sure I'll know how to fill my time. I am really looking forward to having time to do the things I could'nt before, like devotions ,meditations ,visiting with family and friends, reading, voluntering, more time for church activities,for my coffee break group, blogging, journaling,learning to type ,grandkids,grandkids, grandkids, wedding planning, helping Beca set up a house,traveling,---wait a sec thats alot of stuff! perhaps boredom won't be a problem! anyway Beca's home and she wants to go Bra shopping because sinse she went on the pill, she's freak'n huge, and needs new bra's so see ya ,Nelly

3 Comments:

Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

I think you'll love it, being unemployed. But, I understand your regrets about leaving the other girls behind.

10:39 AM

 
Blogger Manda said...

yay for retirement!!! Doing other things will be so much more fun!

6:55 PM

 
Blogger Amanda Brown said...

I hope this new phase of your life will be filled with new and exciting things. It was so nice to meet you and share a few lunches with you while you were here. :)

9:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home