Tuesday, November 28, 2006

coming and going

hello fellow bloggers, I'm not sure if anyone checks my blogs any more, cause its been forever, but I thought I'd let you know how its going here. Harold and I just returned from an awsome trip to Hawaii. It was totally amazing, the weather was good even though the prediction was for heavy rain every day. Even if it did rain it was only for a few minuets and then it would move on. although I never got a drop of rain on me. It became a joke that if you did'nt want to get rained on just hang out with Nelly!THe snorkling was great, the beach was rated the second best beach in the world. I saw so many fish it was unbelievable! and, yes I actually went every time Harold went,and yes I really got my Hair wet! We went on a lot of different tours, some good other kind of lame, but all fun! the best one was Waimea canyon, which is supposed to be as spectacular as the Grand Canyon. and the people there who have seen the grand Canyon ,said that it was. THe most memorable tour was the ocean cruise along the Napali coast. It started out beautifully with a gentle criuse along the coast and a snorkle at an amazing reef followed by a delicious lunch. Things went down hill from there. We rounded the corner to the Napli shore and the wind and the waves started building due to the trade winds. It got worse and worse until the waves were 8 -12 or 14 feet. At first it was very exciting but then I got sea sick. That was not much fun! Because of the huge waves and the ferocious wind, You can imagine how difficult it is to vomit with any kind of dignity! I'd come out of the garbage bag with a face full, because the wind was whipping the bag around and I was trying to hold on so I would'nt get pitched off the boat! We found out the next day that all the other cruises had been cancelled due to the dangerous conditions Nice eh? Anyway it was the highlight of everybody elses holiday. NOt mine! so now I'm back with just enough time to unpack and repack , and go to see Chris, the kids and of course to ,meet my little Olivia! I can't wait. I'm goig to try to post some pictures, but I usually don't have much luck! Nelly

6 Comments:

Blogger MISS SAMARA said...

Just so you know... I am so very jealous. But glad you guys had a good time!

3:24 PM

 
Blogger Joyce said...

sounds like a blast except the sea sickness part:( You both are looking good!

9:07 AM

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Great pictures. Glad that you now have spent some time with little Olivia!!

10:55 PM

 
Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

I wanna go there someday.

Miss you already!

8:16 AM

 
Blogger Manda said...

Hawaii looks beautiful. That sucks that you got sea sick. I know all about puke and that would not be fun!

6:26 PM

 
Blogger Amanda Brown said...

Sounds like a memorable trip. It was nice to see you last week and I'm glad you got your Olivia fix. :)

10:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home