Saturday, November 10, 2007

OPA


Dear readers, I know its been a long time, almost a year! So I'm sure not too many people are checking my blog anymore, which is just fine with me. I really only have a blog to keep in touch with my family. It's not my intent to have a lot of strangers check up on my life anyway. But I feel compelled to write about my father-in-law. Harolds Dad, has been very sick and is in need of all our prayers! He had aheart attack a couple of weeks ago and is schedualed for open heart, By-pass surgery on the 15 of Nov. This is a man I have admired for many many years and I don't know if I've ever really said it, so I'd like to say so now. Dad is very Quiet, A little bit shy and Hates to be the centre of attention( as do all the Vriends,Which is the opposite of me and my family) But his Quiet strength and awesome faith have made him a wonderful Patriarc of the Vriend family. I am so thank-ful for the Godly example he has been to all of us and how he has touched all of our lives in such a powerful way. I love his sense of humor and his unique sarcasm. I can really see the influence he has had on Harold and all his brothers and sisters. We may not see a lot of each other , but when the need is there , there is no doubt each and every one will be there for you. This is what they have been taught at thier Fathers knee, and they learnt it well. I see now where the Qualities I love in my husband come from. And so I covet all you prayers that God may be with Opa , prepare him for the sx. ,Guide the Dr.s hands, andGrant him a quick and good recovery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home